20 February 2011

Siesta Scripture Memory Team

My friend Karen asked me to participated in Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture Memory Team (SSMT) this year. Each month I will memorize two scriptures for a total of 24 for 2011!!! Before we began on Jan. 1, I thought about the scriptures I knew by heart. I could literally count them on one hand. So, this challenge is two-fold: (1) Memorize scripture and hide it in my heart (2) Get better at memorizing things.

So far I've memorized Matthew 11:28-30. Here it is (from memory):

"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

The next three scriptures I aim to memorize are Matthew 5:10-12.

I'll keep you updated on how the memorization is going. Also, if you're doing SSMT, then let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment