26 February 2011

Our Bedroom is Finished!

David and I lived in a townhouse for the first 1.5 years of our marriage. We moved into our current home last Thanksgiving. So, our first bedroom as a married couple was in the townhouse.

It was a large, awkward space. The furniture we used was David's from before we were married. It was nice, but not my style at all. There was only one side table, and the set was extremely traditional. Every time I walked into the room I cringed. It really wasn't my favorite space in our home.

So, when we moved to our new house a couple months back, we wanted to redecorate our bedroom. It really needed to happen, and we're so excited to share the results with you! Enjoy!




We bought a few new things for the room, so I'm going to list the sources below.

  1. Ikat Curtains - West Elm
  2. Curtain Rod - Target
  3. Headboard - Star Clearance Outlet (@ I45 & FM1960)
  4. Shag Rug - Ikea
  5. Bedskirt - Bed, Bath & Beyond
  6. Sconces - Home Depot
  7. Side Tables - Ikea (Malm Collection)
  8. Dog Bed - Homegoods
  9. Basket - Hobby Lobby
Everything else we already had on hand. The throw pillows came with our couches, the sheets and comforter we got in 2009 from Target, and the decorations we've had for awhile. My favorite item (and our biggest splurge) are the curtain panels, but I truly believe they define the room!

Do you see the framed calligraphy on the left side table? I gave that to David for our first anniversary. It's our vows written in calligraphy. I think it looks great in the room!

All in all, I'm incredibly excited to be finished with this project! Every time I walk into the room I smile. It reflects who we are and both of our individual styles!

No comments:

Post a Comment