10 May 2011

The Good News and the Bad

So, a few weeks ago I was going to announce that I was pregnant. And that I was going to have a little baby Dietz in December.

But last week I had a miscarriage. Honestly, it was scary. I ended up having a D&C, which I think is better than miscarrying at home, BUT I was terrified of anesthesia. Everything went ok though, and I'm now fully recovered physically - still working on and praying for a healed heart.

This past weekend was mothers' day. It was so bittersweet. I now have two children in heaven, and I have one puppy here on earth.

My memory verse for the first half of May came to me during all of this mess. I got an incredible card from a volunteer at the bookstore, and she had written the following:

I will answer them before they even call to me.
      While they are still talking about their needs,
      I will go ahead and answer their prayers!
Isaiah 65:24

How amazing is that promise!!! I'm not 'mad' at God or running from him by any means, but I've just not known what to pray. This verse really spoke to my heart and my need during this time. How amazing that he sent it to me in a greeting card! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful verse. Praise God for His promises! We will continue to pray healing over your family, we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete